On 07/02/07, David M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I try to open a PHP URL, I get the following error (in Firefox):

eg, for http://localhost/, where the implied index URL is served via
PHP:

You have to chosen to open
[blank line]
which is a: PHTML file

I would check that you have mod-php installed for the right version of
Apache & the right version of PHP (so probably libapache2-mod-php5 or
somesuch.)

Also check that in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ you have php5.load &
php5.confconfigured correctly.

If everything looks OK, (which it probably will, because of the magic of
apt-get) try clearing the cache of the browser - this one had me stumped for
ages.

Whenever I try to restart Apache2 (using apache2ctl), I also get the
following error:

apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name,
using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

I've read the Apache docs about 'ServerName' but I'm not sure where this
directive should actually *go* (or what form, exactly, it should take
for this installation).

I don't know if it's the "right" place, but I put a line:-

ServerName localhost

on the first line of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

It gets rid of the irritating message, anyway!