On 14/02/07, Daniel Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No, seriously, if we do nothing, things are just bound to change, aren't
they? That's the way all change has happened in this world.

Market forces change the world. Not much else.

If GNU/etc represents enough of a revenue to a manufacturer they will
provide support/drivers. They will factor in the costs of development and
support, and come to a decision based on the business case.

Looking a printers, it appears that, quite often, it is actually in their
interests to provide support, but not always.

It is naive to think that well meaning letters, t-shirts and leaflet
campaigns have any bearing.

I cannot possibly produce evidence, but that doesn't mean we should stop
doing it. There is no evidence that it does harm, all it can do is
improve things. So why _not_ do it?

I have nothing against you doing it. Go ahead, fill your boots.

I would sooner Kodak didn't support us. As I said, the more people to whom
they provide support, the more likely they are to be successful. I would
like to see Kodak go out of business because of their past behaviour.