Robin,

Robin Menneer wrote:

>     You''re quite right in treating me as an imbecile - my complaint is
>     that Ubuntu shouldn't allow me to do this - or make it plain to me
>     that the desktop is click-sensitive.  Without your help, I'd never
>     have guessed as I tend to click once or twice randomly.  What are
>     the occasions when two clicks are needed and when one, please ?  Ta
>     very much.

I'm not sure if this is a complete description, but items on the desk
top require a double click in a default Ubuntu set-up. Menus and stuff
on the top and bottom panel need only a single click. Links in WEB
browsers and mailers only need a single click. Files etc in the nautilus
file browser need a double click.

I've probably missed something but that covers quite a lot!

Regards,
Tony.
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED], H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold