On Thursday, 01.03.2007 at 22:42 +0000, alan c wrote:

> In both kubuntu 6.06 and 6.10 (different machines) I am getting
> problems with Firefox and bbc video clips.
>
> I believe the existing configuration was mplayer (plugin) with FF but
> from my present experiences I am only getting any success at all after
> removing mplayer, (re) installing realplayer and for good measure
> (re)installing firefox. The video clips then play ok in realpayer as a
> separate player, and not integral in FF.
>
> Is something happening with bbc or the apps, (or not) that I have
> missed?

This is something I'd be interested in having a solution to as well.
I've found that the use of Realplayer only works at the lowest
resolution, it stutters and freezes at the higher bandwidth version.  My
wife's PC, on the same LAN, running Windows 2000, gets the BBC vids
running very smoothly with Realplayer...

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - freenode: davee
All email from me is now digitally signed, key from http://www.sungate.co.uk/