When I open a file, often it comes up behind the browser instead of in
front.  How do I remedy this, please.  Being a thickie, I forget to
look behind and assume that it has not been opened, so I do it again.

You don't know how freaky that is. My missus has a really irritating habit
of doing that. "Why isn't this website opening up?" she will whinge....
Honestly, it's nearly as bad as being at work.....

It's always nice to see new faces. Welcome to the community! Perhaps
you'd also like to join us on IRC at irc.ubuntu.com in the #ubuntu-uk
channel, we chat in real time and have fun and japes! If you have a blog
you may want to syndicate it on our planet (http://planet.ubuntu-uk.org)
see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ubuntu-uk.org/planet

I'll do that - Thanks, my IRC nick is leftcase, see you in there.

If you like supporting, maybe you could email me details and screenshots
of some of the projects that I haven't got round to yet, and I'll put
them up......At the moment it's all a bit threadbare, but I'll pad it out
when time
permits.  Hope you can help.

Let me take a look, I'm sure I can help flesh it out a bit.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Chris