On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 00:06 +0000, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Colin Murphy wrote:
> > > The prompt only occurs if a root password *has been set*.
> > BUT - the 'recovery' prompt I referred to is not the one that I would
> > choose off the Grub menu, it is a login prompt that was thrown at me
> > during my default login which failed.  Are these different?
>
> I'm hoping that you've now got your machine back---which is the first
> priority.

It certainly was my first priority, but, by hook and by crook, yes its
back working.

> 'sulogin' (Single-User Login) is the program that would ask for a
> password with the username forced to be 'root'.
>
> I'm interested in debugging this either way;
>
> Could you paste the output from the following:

Once I go the machine up and running to grab that 'all important'
urgent email that I found myself desperate for I did a re-install on
the machine, so I doubt that the output from my machine now would be of
much use.  Sorry.

--
Must go; places to be, people to do, stuff to, err, stuff.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]