On 27/03/07, Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 11:44:06PM +0100, Martin Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > I do wonder how much something like this would cost us to do. It's
> > perfectly possible (and acceptable - taking into account running
>
> We do have a moribund project listed on the UKTeam wiki page to look at CD
> duplication services. Would you like to help us do that?

Missed this bit.

That project appears to be looking to find alternative CD duplication
services (presumably free) to provide copies of Edgy (and Feisty in
time) as ShipIt currently only provides Dapper for free.  Finding an
organisation willing to cover the costs of that sounds like a tall
order but I'll look into it.

On the general free-software side of things I'll have a look at
something like e.g. http://www.theopencd.org/ which might be an easier
sell. As mentioned if we can find retailers willing to sell on these
CDs ~£3 at the checkout we could cover costs and ease a few
transitions further down the line.

I'll have a look,

Martin