On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 08:28:08PM +0100, TheVeech wrote:
> But where is it written that people who disagree have to go at it hammer
> and tongues or descend into personal animosity?  No doubt most of us
> have been there, but at least some of us learn from it.  'Growing up' is
> what I think it's called?

:)

I can't claim to be an innocent party here. I have taken part in flame wars
on numerous lists. I'm not proud of that, and I try to temper my reactions
and delay my negative replies (or run them past someone else first) to
reduce me doing that.

> Too many fragile egos in too many areas, methinks.  Like you suggest, a
> good admin/chair should be able to steer disputes towards some sort of
> civilised and productive debate.  Maturity should do the rest.

Where exactly are you from and how long are you staying with us here on
planet Earth? :)

We even drew up some guidelines:-

Which I think are actually pretty damn good. Nobody reads them though, and
those that do, many ignore it.

Cheers,
Al.