On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 21:42 +0100, Freddie Ruddick wrote:
> Nothing particularly new, but I notice the BBC have covered it. [0].
>
> Freddie :)
>
> [0]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6506027.stm

I read this, too.  I didn't take part in the survey, but I have nagged
Dell quite a lot in the past.  Whenever people ask me to get them a PC,
I choose Dell (for laptops, Thinkpads are good, but over-priced, IMHO),
and offer to install Linux on it (when you've just spent a small fortune
on a machine, you don't want to be breaking the bank on software).

I've never had a response from Dell, but I think they've been pretty
savvy here.