Quoting Chris Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi
>
> James Tait wrote:
>> http://xwrt.blogspot.com/2007/02/dd-wrt-continues-to-exploit-free-open.html
>
> Providing the licence issues are cleared up, what is wrong with what
> DD-WRT is doing? How is it any different to Red Hat or Novell or whoever
> taking all the hard work of free software authors and putting it in
> boxes with licence fees?
>
> There's nothing wrong with making money from open source/free software.
> Granted it's better if you can do it in a way which doesn't annoy the
> people doing the work, but if it does they will stop feeding you their
> work and your job will be much harder. It all balances out.

Personally, I'd take HyperWRT or OpenWRT over any other firmware out there.

Bristol Wireless run their entire network on a customised OpenWRT and
I've been using HyperWRT for years without any issues.

DD-WRT never really appealed because it doesn't (or didn't last I
looked) do everything I need it to (ZoneEdit DynDNS for example).

Cheers,

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace