Alan Pope wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:57:36AM +0100, Jim Kissel wrote:
>> So do I, but some people at the local LUG have taken exception to it.
>
> Heh. Linux User Groups are a great melting pot of opinions. They're great
> for just this kind of zealotary stuff. :) and :(
>
>> Even worse, I once commented to the effect that Ubuntu was the
>> same/similar to Debian.  I got my head handed to me on a platter for
>> that one, but oddly enough Ian Murdock thinks that Ubuntu-Debian are the
>>   same.  "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian"  Ian Murdock, Linux Format,
>> LXF92 May 2007.
>>

> It's been said to me that Ian Murdock has been somewhat irrelavent to the
> Linux (and indeed Debian) community for some years now, and very soon Sun
> will realise that and want to sell him back to us.

I realize that Ian hasn't been active in the Debian development for some
time.  I didn't realise he was considered irrelevant by some members of
the Linux/Debian community.  raison d'etre?

--
Simple effective migration to Open Source based computing

Jim Kissel
Open Source Migrations Limited
w: http://www.osml.eu
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]