On 4/21/07, baz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 11:14 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:
>

> > The era of the Linux Desktop is nigh......
> >
> > Crhsi
> >

> All my hardware worked, even wifi printing and scanner. I'd say the era
> of the Linux Desktop is ..... HERE!
>

> Baz
> --
> +++++++++++++++++++++
> http://walkertopia.com
> Free Multi User Dungeon
> on line game:
> telnet walkertopia.com 4040
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

It is, or would be if VIA's graphics was supported. Hardware supports
is still an issue with Linux. Given how popular VIA kit is for the
budget end of the market I'm surprised it's still not there. Running
this laptop sometimes reminds me of the bad old days of Linux five+
years ago. You can live with VESTA but you wouldn't choose it...
bugger I did! Damn, that will be my fault for not reading the HCL
before getting this lappy.

--
Regards Steve Morrish...
AKA Pendragon