On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 12:30 +0100, Keith Bowerman wrote:
> Following advice from TheVeech, I saved the current session, rebooted
> and everything's hunky dory.
>
> It's easy when you know how isn't it?

Just have around the

System > Preferences
and
System > Administration

menus, to get a feel for things to start with.

> Many thanks for the help.

No worries!

If you are interested in eye candy, you might want to play around with
themes, icons, etc. (but make a note of your default setup in case you
want to revert to it).  Some sources:

http://art.gnome.org/
http://www.gnome-look.org/
http://art.ubuntu.com/main.php

Just remember that some of the configurations can have implications for
certain programs, that's why some are better 'out of the box' than
others, beyond just how they look at first, although there's usually
workarounds.

E.g., in Epiphany, creating your own stylesheet addresses some of the
incompatibilities of some themes.

HTH