HI Everyone,

My dual boot exercise worked a treat. And the ethernet connection was a
real eye opener. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The threads regarding OSS as a real alternative to Windows XP etc are
relevant to me as I am now struggling to make Ubuntu my default
operating system.

What is spurring me on is the support groups, such as this.

What is frustrating is to find a solution then discover it doesn't work.
For example my Brother 2030 drivers are available in Linux and so I go
get. But the file suffix doesn't tie up with the installer.

Another work around I am seeking is in openoffice I try and open an
access database and the program just closes on me.

And the big one is synching my Qtek 9100 with Evolution. It has a Palm
option but that doesn't work for me. As I have bluetooth I am going to
try and synch by that method.

Another aspect of the jump from Windows XP to Ubuntu is the fun of
trying to figure it all out myself. Something that XP takes out of the
mix.

Fun, now that is a word I haven't used in relation to work in a long
time....
--
Gregory