On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 14:00 +0100, I C McNab wrote:
> norman wrote:
> > It seems to be my day for asking questions. In 6.10 when I searched for
> > files using Places > Search for files, I was able to search all my
> > folders, individually if I wished. This facility no longer seems to be
> > available on 7.04. Have I missed something or accidentally removed
> > something? Please advise.
>

> Norman >>> It's the penultimate item on the Places menu in 7.04 (or at
> least on my very standard installation).
>
>     It's also on the 'Go' menu in the File Browser windows (or Ctrl + F
> will start it).

Perhaps I was not very clear. Suppose I am searching for a file and
would like to look in say usr. I could start in the palces menu select
Search for files and then ask for the search to be in usr or elsewhere,
Now the choicw appears to be limited. However I think I have found a
way. select to look in other in the drop down menu and then click twice
on the left pointing arrow at the top left of the window which opens. Lo
and beholdd the list appears.

Norman