On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 22:32 +0100, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> There are three other users besides myself, who are all happy with
> Ubuntu. So if I move the /home, will that automatically create those
> users with the current passwords, or will I need to recreate them? (I'm
> backing up the home partition in case of accidents!)

The feisty installer now has a user migration thing. It *should* find
the users on your dapper install and migrate them into your new install
on the E: drive.

You could manually copy them over, but in short, no copying their homes
wont copy the user creation. That would be a bit of a manual process,
and you might be prudent to make a note of the user IDs (the numeric ID)
of each user on the current system and make it the same on the new
feisty install. Then copy over the home directories and all *should* be
okay.

If you need more detail about how that is achieved, just ask.

Cheers,
Al.