On 23/05/07, norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ lsmod | grep -i 'snd_hda_intel'
> snd_hda_intel          20116  1
> snd_hda_codec         164608  1 snd_hda_intel
> snd_pcm                84612  3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
> snd                    58372  12
> snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
> snd_page_alloc         11400  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

The problem is it won't let you remove snd-hda-intel because it's
being used by other stuff. There is a command to remove it and remove
other stuff with it as well.

The only problem is getting all the stuff it pulled out back again (of
course rebooting will put everything back luckily).

So type the following (and cross your fingers):

sudo -i
modprobe -r snd-hda-intel
modprobe snd-hda-intel probe_mask=8 model=auto
modprobe snd
exit

(the exit gets you out of the root terminal)

Tell me what happens.

I am basing this on Matthews email. It may or may not work.

Andy

--
First they ignore you
then they laugh at you