Alex Latchford wrote:
> Robert McWilliam wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:43:31 +0100
>> alan c <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> which appears to be the url of the wmv file(s) but
>>> rtsp://wm-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/news/n5ctrl/tvseq/od/bbc1/bb/wm/video/click_bb.wmv
>>> by itself does not launch in firefox, what should I now be doing?
>>> thanks
>>>
>> I don't think firefox speaks RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol), so
>> you need to use an app that does. As per previous responses in this
>> thread mplayer is a good choice for this.

>> Robert McWilliam     [EMAIL PROTECTED]    www.ormiret.com
>>
>> Long periods of drought are always followed by rain.
>>

> Just change the protocol to http.. so..
>
> http://wm-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/news/n5ctrl/tvseq/od/bbc1/bb/wm/video/click_bb.wmv
>
> Will allow you to download it to your hard drive..

In my case firefox has a player installed for wmv files and starts to
play this stream in the browser.  All I see is the tail end of a bbc
weather forcast.  Just the bbc weather logo and about 5 seconds of
sound.  Then nothing.

wget doesn't get much.

Can anyone up the ante with a better URL or an alternate method to
view/download Click?  (ubuntu 7.04 FF)

-------Mark II-------------------
Stranger and stranger?
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/video_and_audio/default.stm>
BBC News 24, a live stream works as does the audio channels/stories.
None of the other video channels/stories work.

selective DRM?  sun spots?

--
Simple effective migration to Open Source based computing

Jim Kissel
Open Source Migrations Limited
w: http://www.osml.eu
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]