t: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Booting Up> > Farran Lee wrote:> > Thanks for the replies.>
>> The problem message is "[  111.522451] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link> >>
is not ready"> >>> >> Does that mean anything sensible?  My set is the same as
it has been for> >> a long time.> >>> >> Cheers,> >>> >> Keith> > > >> -- > >>
Keith Bowerman,> >> Prestwood, south Staffordshire, England.> >> Using Ubuntu
7.04 on a Linux only machine.> >>> >>> > > > maybe it means that it can detect
a network device, but the network> > isn't ready. Like when you turn the modem
on, it has to load something> > up presumably from the server it connects to,
before it is ready for the> > pc to use.> > fazza> > > > This sounds a bit like
an issue I have seen before but with DOS based > network drivers for the
Netware 3 client.  Basically when a machine was > turned on it would take a few
seconds to initialize the network card > link to the switch.  Pausing for a few
seconds before loading the > network drivers solved the issue.> > I wonder if
something has changed in the network driver?> > Rob> Do you have an ADSL modem
or a router??I have had a similar problem if the former is the case.James
(sorry about HM)