Howard Berry wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> As the is a nation wide listing, I wondered if my experience was
> replicated in the rest of the country.
> The plethora of "buy new cool Vista magazines" seems to elbowing the
> three Linux magazines out of existence in Wolverhampton and
> Bridgnorth.
> My main concern is that my favourite magazine "Linux User and
> Developer", to which I have subscribed for a couple of years, seems to
> have gone very ominously silent: no replies to emails, no replies to
> telephone messages. The web site is still functioning although cobwebs
> seem to be gathering on it.
> Is it me that they don't like, or have they gone belly down??

I've been having similar problems with the WH Smiths in Camberley,
Surrey.  All three used to be stocked, but when I subscribed to Linux
Format, and dropped it from WHS's in-store ordering service, they
helpfully dropped all three magazines.  Both the in-store ordering
service and on the shelves.  3 months and many complaints got Linux
Format, and Linux User back on the shelves and back in my folder.

Unix U&D is been a problem for more than three months.  I finally got a
helpful sole (WH Smith employee) to dig into the problem.  Unix U&D was
a monthly but apparently has switched to 6x per year.  The local WHS
informed me that the next issue of Unix U&D will be out 29th of June.

We live in hope

--
Simple effective migration to Open Source based computing

Jim Kissel
Open Source Migrations Limited
w: http://www.osml.eu
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]