-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Howard Berry
Sent: 22 June 2007 10:40
To: ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: [ubuntu-uk] What's happened to all the Linux Mags? "WHSmiths
Watch"

Hello everyone,
As the is a nation wide listing, I wondered if my experience was
replicated in the rest of the country.
The plethora of "buy new cool Vista magazines" seems to elbowing the
three Linux magazines out of existence in Wolverhampton and
Bridgnorth.
My main concern is that my favourite magazine "Linux User and
Developer", to which I have subscribed for a couple of years, seems to
have gone very ominously silent: no replies to emails, no replies to
telephone messages. The web site is still functioning although cobwebs
seem to be gathering on it.
Is it me that they don't like, or have they gone belly down??

--
Regard,
Howard

I have had a similar experience. Being new to Ubuntu I thought I would buy a
Linux magazine or two. I couldn't find a trace of any Linux magazine in
central Edinburgh. I know I have seen a couple on newsstands in the past.

Incidentally, I noticed that amazon.co.uk has many books about Ubuntu and I
was wondering if anyone could recommend a good beginner's title.

Stuart