Neil Greenwood wrote:
<snip>
> The vulnerability at the moment doesn't affect any extensions from
> addons.mozilla.org, since they use https to download the update to
> your browser. The problem is with some extensions developed by e.g.
> Google and Yahoo (del.icio.us). Other big companies also are at risk.
<snip>

Isn't there also an issue - as with all browsers - about 'spyware',
tracking cookies, and similar?  I use 'No Script', and I have FF set to
ask before setting cookies;  but I'm not certain that this catches all
the rubbish.

As I mentioned before, I did have a go at using Nixory - which picked up
a couple of tracking cookies on first use;  but its spyware database
does not appear to be getting updated any more.

Can I do anything about browser spyware?  Or am I getting worked up
about nothing?

--
Diana