On Thursday 28 June 2007 14:58, Rob Beard wrote:

> Of course there isn't anything stopping you buying a standard Dell
> notebook and just getting shot of Windows.

I for one object to being forced to pay for something I don't use. Buying a
machine with Windows pre-installed is
a) Helping to swell Microsofts coffers with my money - something I am opposed
and
b) Artificially adding to the number of Windows Vista users. That allows
Microsoft to continue bragging about how well Vista sales are going.

I refuse to purchase any more hardware with Windows installed. It is easy to
avoid on desktops - simply build your own or buy with FreeDOS or Linux
installed - but laptops are much more difficult. My last two came with XP
which I wiped as soon as I got them.

Mark