SteVe Cook wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> SteVe Cook wrote:
>>

>> I've just tried the GMTV clips page out in Windows.
>>
>> In Firefox 2.0 the interview with Michael Kerr plays out in sound only
>> until you click inside the embedded player, causing the stream to be
>> shown in full-screen mode.
>>
>> In Internet Explorer, nothing actually happens...
>>
>> Back in Seamonkey under Feisty, the clips page immediately returns the
>> error:
>>
>> Requested file not found. The link you followed may be outdated or
>> inaccurate.
>> (rtsp://a1358.v165445.c16544.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/1358/16544/v001/roomediaco1.download.akamai.com/16542/real.roomedia/streamingVX/7056/1441/herochat_300.rm?clipId=1441_gmtv_0601&channel=GMTV+Highlights&category=&site=gmtv%2fportal)
>>

>> The least that can be done in Ubuntu is to make available an optional
>> version of mplayer that doesn't install the useless RealMedia plugin.
>>

> The plot thickens.  I don't appear to able to play the GMTV clips more
> than once.  Is this some sort of DRM type thing or part of the
> ubuntu/Realplayer thing.
>
> SteVe

Returning to Seamonkey just now, the "featured" clip played
automatically in both sound & vision within the embedded player, but I
can't get the player to repeat it, and clicking on the other links
produces no response.

 > Is this some sort of DRM type thing or part of the ubuntu/Realplayer
thing.

As it happens, that page is GMTV's shop window for clip sales
(http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=14014).