On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 14:09 +0100, M Castle wrote:
> nice thought, but there's no firewalls installed :(.
>
> I'm at a bit of a loss... it's basically a pretty standard install.
>
> the only extras are ssh and fail2ban, but neither of those should effect
> connections (that I'm aware of).
>
> looks like I'm gonna ave to re-install :(
>
> time and messages appreciated. Thanks guys.
>
> M.

Another source of info could be when they connection fails open a
terminal and type 'dmesg', it should give you some info about what just
happened.

Also you can try 'tail /var/log/messages' and 'tail /var/log/syslog' for
more info.

One of these may tell you what just failed and caused the network
connection to drop out.

  -Gav