On 02/09/07, Tony Travis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I've got a Motorola V220 mobile, and I bought a £2 USB cable for it

I used a cable that came with my iRiver MP3/WMA/OGG audio player. I
also didn't want to shell out a fortune for a simple piece of generic
kit. I've never used the Windows software.

> >> [...]
> > I have used it Tony. A bit fiddly to set up in the first place I recall - I
> > can't remember exactly what it was that I needed to add to the system to get
> > moto4lin working, but I know it wasn't very clear and easy to find out.
> [...]
> You're right it's not clear how to create the /usr/usb/acm device. After
> a bit of Googling I found this:
>
>         http://www.computechgroup.com/?p=284
>
> I created:
>
>         /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules
>
> With this entry:
>
> # Motorola V220
> BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="Motorola Phone (V220)", KERNEL="ttyACM0",
> SYMLINK="usb/acm/0"

I'll try this - I got it working by creating a symlink!

I'd like to hack it too, but I've got little time to play - two young
daughters don't help with the spare time, although they make up for it
in other ways :-)

Hwyl,
Neil.