> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com> Date: Thu, 11 Oct
> 2007 14:16:44 +0100> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Does ElisaMC require hardware
> acceleration?> > Hi,> > On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 13:00 +0000, STONE COLD wrote:>
> > As i cannot get hardware acceleration, namely beryl and fusion and all> >
> that other fancy stuff working..> > What's the problem?

The prob is well documented...i had asked before but couldnt get an
answer..with .my onboard graphics i cant get it to work! with gutsy i only get
wobbly windows..(yet)..fiesty i cant get anything!> > > i was wondering does
elisaMC use this ? > > Nope. It does all the funky rendering using it's own
libraries. It> doesn't use beryl/compiz to do that.

No but it is a bit for fancy with icons fading in and out...!> > > I have tried
mythbuntu and looks a bit bland and boring so want an> > alternative!> > Elisa
isn't as feature-rich as mythbuntu (yet).

i dont want it for tv or anything...just watching my media which is stored on
my HD> > Have you looked at downloading themes for mythbuntu to pretty it up?

no i havent. Any easy write ups on this?> > Cheers,> Javad