Can I suggest that you put your /home (where you have all your work
and play files) on a separate physical partition or indeed on a
separate disk from the main os

I have my system set up like that and it doesn't matter what I do to
bork the installation because all my personal files are safely
elsewhere...

Pete

On 12/10/2007, Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Holloway wrote:
> > Has anyone done it yet... i'm sooo tempted, and with RC being released
> > today, i figure why not.
> >
> > But then i do have ALL my work and play on this machine. If I'm going to
> > go through all the backing up etc when there might still be a problem...
> > i might as well wait for 1 more week for the stable release!!
> >
> > Has anyone done the apt-get distupgrade to gutsy yet. In my experience,
> > that method has worked well from 6.06-6.10 and 6.10-7.04, but it has
> > failed miserably in the past! Any problems on it this time around?
> >

> I did it yesterday on my old box..Took about 4 hours to d/load and install
> No errors at all.....Don't know why it took so long as I got rc1 this
> morning
>  in 50 minutes....
>
> --
> Regards
>  Ted Wager G3TPI
>   High Peak UK
>   Using Ubuntu Gutsy Linux
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997