Wulfy wrote:
> I was wondering how many people on-list used any of the alternate forms
> of Ubuntu - Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu etc.  I mostly see references to
> the plain Ubuntu...

I flit between KDE and Gnome...

Every now and again using one of them I will get so annoyed that
something doesn't do what I want it to, that I will go try the other to
see if it's any better!

I'm currently on Gnome, as I was annoyed that I couldn't find a really
easy way to convert wav files to mp3, when I knew that I had a nautilus
script that would 'just do it'. IIRC, I went to KDE that time because I
wanted to use Quanta and Amarok natively (Quanta on recommendation for
web development, Amarok as it is the ONLY audio player I can find that
does everything I want, but that's for another flamewar ;) ) and because
totem (and totem-mozilla) irritate me in gnome.

But then again, I'm terribly fickle :)

--
Steve Garton
www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk