On 10/16/07, Mac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  (It would be nice
> to delete any directories that have become empty because they only had
> .m4a files in them - but that would be a bonus!)

Going for the bonus!

find ~/music/ -depth -type d -empty -exec rmdir {} \;

Matthew

 PS. can anyone see why this does not work to do it all in one (ignoring the
rm)?:
find test/ -depth \( -type f -name '*.m4a' \) -o \( -type d -empty \) -exec
rm {} \;
>From what I understand in man find, the brackets are not even needed, since
the default operator is AND. However this line does not print any matches
for me, unless I remove the directory part.