[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Um, how do I know if it has detected the network card?
>
> I also have 7.04, just finished downloading it, should I use that instead?
>
> James

Hi James,

One of the ways you can see if it is detected is to open the Terminal
(this can be found under the Applications menu -> Accessories ->
Terminal) and then entering the command:

ifconfig

You should *hopefully* see a list of adaptors come up.  On my home
machine running Ubuntu 7.04 I get eth0 which is the network card and lo
which is the 'loopback' adaptor (kind of a virtual internal network card).

As Kris mentions, you may be worth hanging on until Thursday and
downloading/trying Ubuntu 7.10.  I'm not back in my office until
Thursday so if I can download the Ubuntu 7.10 ISO I will give it a try
on my work machine (which is an Optiplex GX620).

Rob