> > Thats possible?
> >
> > Ahh, didn't know you could do that in OOo. :-)
> >

> Sure,
>
> Open writer for instance, go to Tool > Options
>
> On the left of that screen, select Load Save > General
>
> In that window you can now select the default file format to save as.
> Simply asscociate text document with word 97 2000 XP for example, then
>  do the same with the other file formats.

I thought I'd just add, although I'm sure there'll be purists who
scoff at the idea of doing this, personally I find it easier than
trying to explain to someone how to save as ODF as standard, but then
export to .DOC when sharing files with others...

Interestingly enough, there's a discussion about the self same thing
on /. today. :-)

Chris