-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kirrus
Sent: 24 October 2007 15:08
To: British Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

----- "Mark Fraser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 21:55:29 Jai Harrison wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> > We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> > Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> > whether it is ADSL or cable.
>
> I'm with Orange and don't have that many problems with them, but then
> haven't had to call them for a while now. I have noticed that I can't
> access
> some sites if I connect through certain servers.

We're on plusnet. Very few problems, once we've got our lines up, and their
support guys don't seem to be mortally afraid of Linux, which is nice...

We get a line glitch and bad ping times now and then. That and we had to
shout at them till they put port 1194 into "gold" status (they use stuff to
crunch p2p traffic during the working day...)

Kirrus

--
Blog: www.kirrus.co.uk

RPGs: