John Levin wrote:
> LeeGroups wrote:
>
>> I seriously don't get why people 'think everything just works' in Windows...

Most people aren't interested in arguments about whether Windows has
similar problems.

Most people aren't interested in upgrading Operating Systems.

Most people encounter Vista when buying a new PC.

Most people encounter Ubuntu when installing a new O/S onto an existing PC.

Solution 1: Get more people to make, sell and support PCs with Ubuntu
pre-installed. (Including voting with our wallets and making the likes
of Dell and Tesco take notice that we WILL purchase such things.)

Solution 2: Continually improve Ubuntu so that it "just works" more of
the time.

Ubuntu, is, in my experience, #1 in the world at the moment for "just
working"... but it will only stay there if the mind-set is "great, we're
#1, now how can we make it even better", rather than "OK, now we're #1,
no need to improve."

M.