Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:59:18 +0000
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Why did you all ignore me........................

 On 08/11/2007, Rohan Omard  wrote:

> can still see the drive, it would not mount. It gave me some error about
> improper shutdown or it still being in use. Also something about ntfs and a

Post precise error messages.

> 1.) The drive mounts and is able to be accessed normally from a Feisty Live
> (DvD).

So it's a perfectly good drive and free of errors? You're quite sure of this?

> 2.)The drive is visible but is not mounted, neither can it be accessed on
> the Gutsy Live (Cd) without forcing (something I am not prepared to do at
> this juncture as the data held on it is to important to me to risk
> corruption). 3.)The drive causes a virgin Feisty installation to a IDE hard
> drive to freeze at the Ubuntu splash window, if it is connected to the
> Highpoint RocketRaid 1540 interface card at boot up (* please note that it
> will only  cause a boot freeze if connected to ports 1 or 2 on the interface
> card - If connected to ports 3 or 4 it will boot normally, however the drive
> is not visible inside either ubuntu Feisty or Gutsy if the the OS is
> installed on a hard drive).

If the data is that important to you, you'll have it backed up.

You issue with it locking your machine if it's connected to specific
ports sounds like a fairly major bug the drive is legit. Nothing on
any of the bug trackers about issues with this controller?

Amusing choice of signatures and email addresses by the way.

--
Steve
When 1 person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Steve
Thank you for your reply.  Ok, I first wrote concerning this matter in Volume
31, either issue 19 or 20 and no one replied, hence my angst.
I submitted an ubuntu question soon after having this problem here:

When I felt I had more information(and was a little more
clued up about where to post such things) I posted a bug
report here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/159397

as for my email address and sig it is a remnant of my online
gaming days when I used to be a clan leader playing Sof 1 & 2.  :D

Regards

N3m3sis
(Rohan O'mard)