Alan Pope wrote:
> A friend of mine pinged me on MSN. I thought I'd share it with you.
>
> (21:01:15) Matthew: evening!
> (21:01:18) popey: yo
> (21:01:29) Matthew: loving this 7.10
> (21:01:38) popey: :)
> (21:01:49) Matthew: I just received new laptop, it was oh so slow on the
> vista
> (21:01:56) Matthew: so it has now been converted
>
> This made me smile.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Yup, I'd say Vista is slow.  A friend of mine has Vista and Ubuntu 7.10
on his Athlon X2 3800.  Ubuntu is about 10 times quicker!

Sods law though, he's one of these "I want to install as many adware
based smileys as I possibly can on MSN" types.  I've given up on that
one until he screws Vista up so much that it won't work.  He has Ubuntu
7.10 on his PC, I'll advise him to start using that.

I've also heard about one of my dad's friends who has bought a Celeron
PC from Tescos which is running Vista (god help it, if a dual core PC
with 2GB ram can't cope, god knows what a Celeron will be like).  She
had problems with the McAfee Anti-Virus that Sky supplied with her
broadband not working, I'm hoping that I can go over and demonstrate
Ubuntu 7.10 with it's flashy effects.

Rob