Dianne Reuby wrote:
> We're planning a gamers day for Christmas at the Museum of Computing -
> we have quite a few games with a Christmas theme lined up for consoles,
> handhelds and Windows. I thought it would be an opportunity to show off
> Ubuntu both to our visitors and to my fellow volunteers.
>
> Can anyone recommend any Linux games with a Christmas theme?
>
> Dianne

I second what others have said about tux racer, however planetpenguin
racer is a more up to date version and is in the Ubuntu repositories.
Supertux is a mario type platform game with a snowy theme. Tuxtype is a
typing tutor type game also with a snowy theme and yet another snow
themed game is frozen bubble. There are also games called snowballz
(which I havent tried) and Icebreaker (which is quite basic).

One other thing to install is xsnow. It's not a game but displays
snowflakes and santa on your background. Perfect for Christmas :)

Regards,
    Adam.