Kris Marsh:
> Try:
>
> mplayer -playlist
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/tvseq/n24/bb/rm/video/news24_bb.ram

Aha — that gives me the *sound*, but not the video. Running that and
then pressing Ctrl+C to stop it gives this:
http://pastebin.ubuntu-uk.org/484
in the terminal.

In any case, I think I'd rather install RealPlayer, since it has a
decent UI. I had it installed in Feisty — I think from the Dapper
Commercial repository.

Adding
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper commercial
in Software Sources returns:
“http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper/Release: Unable to find
expected entry  commercial/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file
(malformed Release file?)”

Have I got the right APT line? (It does show up as “Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
'Dapper Drake' commercial”) Is there a proper Gutsy repo I can use for
RealPlayer?

(Thanks, everyone, for all the help, by the way.)