Hi Alan,

On 12/11/2007, Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Pascal,
>
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 17:04 +0000, Pascal Khoury wrote:
> > I have installed ndisgtk, as I am missing the JDK documentation from
> > the installer package, I was prompted to download jdk-6-doc.zip from
> > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/
> >
> > I have downloaded the *.zip file, however I am told the file should be
> > owned by root.root (what does this mean??) and be copied to /tmp
> >

> Could you not just install the following package from the repository?
>
> sun-java6-doc - Sun JDK(TM) Documention -- integration installer

When this package gets configured, it displays the message that Pascal
mentioned. It's just an installer for the zip file from Sun's website.
Probably something to do with Sun's license.

Pascal,

To install the ndisgtk stuff, you shouldn't need the JDK documentation
- this is only needed if you're going to be writing Java programs
yourself.

Maybe the documentation of the package needs updating to stress that
package is only useful for Java developers...

Hwyl,
Neil.