Rob Beard wrote:

> Maybe you could give her a few copies of The OpenEducationDisc to give
> out to her friends as Christmas presents?  They could all then get to
> grips with things like TuxPaint, TuxTyping and TuxMath (actually, I'm
> not sure if they're all on there, I've been working on a custom branded
> OpenDisc of my own which I'm going to distribute in my local area).

I'd never heard of the OpenEducationDisc before; a google later gives:
http://www.theopendisc.com/education/

It's a version of OpenDisc, which was once The Open CD, launched but a
month ago.

Version 7.10 (ohh, ubuntu-style release numbering!) has just come out;
the list of programs is at:
http://www.theopendisc.com/education/?page_id=16

Just a FYI,

John