Michael Holloway wrote:
> I thought about that... thing is, i have no idea why it has stopped. Its
> has never happened to me before in 3-4 years of having remote servers,
> so i wouldn't expect to need a cron job. I think having a cron job is
> "paranoia" but then sometimes things do go wrong!!! And of course it
> still doesn't help me right now cos i cant get in to set the job :)
>
> I'm going to the datacentre next week to install a new server anyway, so
> ill just put up with it till then...
>

> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 17:22 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
>
>> You could always schedule a cron job to restart the sshd every 30
>> minutes, if your server is a real worry...
>>
>> I don't believe killing the daemon aborts active sessions, so it's a
>> fairly low risk strategy....
>>
>> Odd to have to do it, tho... :-o
>>
>> Sean

If you have an ftpd and apache which has some scripting
(php,perl,python) you may be able to upload a clever script that will
execute the "/etc/ini.d/ssh restart" through the shell bindings.
that is assuming the sshd will actually start.

--
/\/\ichael [ [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ]
  \/\/ood  [ http://michaelwood.me.uk ]