Morning Ian,

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 10:57 +0000, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Just attempted to update my Ubuntu installation to be told that I need to do
> something with DPKG Configurer to resolve a broken DPKG package.  I get this
> from Update Manager, apt-get, aptitude and DPKG itself, but can't find any
> thing that actually points to what this is.

What exactly does apt-get/aptitude say? Can you paste the output in
http://pastebin.ubuntu-uk.org so we can see it?

Usually when update manager barfs in these situations it asks you to
run:-

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Which will configure any pending packages.

You could give that a go, it wont do any harm if there's nothing for it
to do.

Cheers,
Al.