> I'm sure they will consider improving the system for future use, but
> for the price of the hardware and the fact it works, its pretty good.
> The display problem is a but dumb though. As for the default password,
> the OEM for Dapp. isn't the best, so I imagine they just did that.

It's not dumb, it's unbelievable! How many people have monitors capable
of supporting 1600x1200? Not many I'd bet. How many people buying a £150
PC have a 1600x1200 capable monitor? None I'd guess...

I've never seen Dapper select that default resolution...
So I'd bet that the original machine they installed was strapped to nice
21" LCD monitor... it all worked fine and no one gave it another thought
as they ghosted it to 10,000 more machines...

How many of the 10,000 new owners will scratch their heads and then
install a pirate copy of XP, or, even worse, take the box back to Tesco
and say it doesn't work. I'd guess that if 10% of them go back, Tesco
won't be stocking any more of them in the future...

Another fantastic opportunity trashed, by a single idiot who didn't
think about the target audience...

Lee