> Hi Stephen & the group,
>

> The course I attended was at the Université Populaire in France. Ubuntu and
> Linux in general is very strong here. It is also used on business machines
> and commerce. They run course for that too and web site design.
> I am in the department 68 and we have an active LUG 68 where you can use the
> group as a drop in and take your PC for help & advice; there is also a
> monthly meeting and talk.
>
> I am not ageist but find the group a little young for me but I am never made
> to feel un-welcome.
> Also I have only learnt French in the last few years and all the courses I
> attend are in French. It is a bit like beating myself on the head but I like
> a challenge !
>
> Sorry I cannot point you in the direction of some where nearer,
>
> Regards to all
>
> John

Hi John,

Are you a British ex-pat? My missus's dad lives in Nantes, he sells
property out there - it seems like a nice enviable pace of life, I
wouldn't mind it to be honest but its a long time till I retire and I
don't speak French so the job opportunities would be a little thin on
the ground! ;-)

Welcome to the group. It's usually pretty busy in here, and there are
always people willing to answer any questions that you might have. If
you haven't seen it already, you can find the ubuntu uk website at
www.ubuntu-uk.org -> that has info on how to get onto the wiki and the
IRC system etc.

Cheers

Chris