Robert McWilliam wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:12:17 +0000, "Robert McWilliam"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>> /etc/xorg.conf
>>

> Actually i think i've missed a level in that path. It should be
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf or something similar, sorry i'm not at an actual
> computer ATM to check.
> Robert McWilliam     [EMAIL PROTECTED]    www.ormiret.com
>
> Everything should be made as simple as possible - but no simpler.
>       -- Albert Einstein

Robert

Went back into xfile and manually reset everything the hard
way.....perhaps the best way. "Screens and Graphics" in system
administration appears to be a useless bit of kit and managed to get
most of the set-up wrong for my Toshiba 20WLT56B monitor.

It's working fine now, thanks for your help most appreciated?

John

For info:-

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /etc/xorg.conf
bash: /etc/xorg.conf: No such file or directory
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /etc/X11/xorg.conf
bash: /etc/X11/xorg.conf: Permission denied
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$