Dear Garry
> >I find it curious that such loaded names: Satanic and Eternal Damnation
> are used with the extremely user friendly term UBUNTU. How were they
> thought
> up? Makes Ubuntu sound like a student project.  Just a thought.

Hi Caroline,

Ubuntu Satanic Edition is tongue-in-cheek, really, and should not be taken
too seriously. It started off because I thought that Ubuntu Christian
Edition was a daft idea and I did a few wallpapers and it grew from there.

It's now quite a comprehensive set of themes for people who like their
desktops dark red/yellow/black instead of the standard brown. I take my
inspiration from heavy rock music and album covers and quite a few people
seem to like it.

The ironic thing is that I kind of now see where the guys at Ubuntu
Christian Edition are coming from and I get on with its creator, Jereme,
quite well. Not everyone has the knowledge (or inclination) to customise
their Linux system and if we spread the word to a wider audience then that's
great.