Steve Cook wrote:
> I most admit they are getting quite cheap, to the point where it's very
> hard not be able to justify them.
>
> steve

Yep, the Pentium Dual-Core chips are pretty good value for the money,
they're plenty fast enough for most desktop needs, I wouldn't have
thought a normal user (maybe someone who browses the web, does a bit of
OOo and e-mail) would need anything more than one of them.  I got one
for my PC and it a lot faster than my old Athlon 64 3000+.  The one
thing I can't get my head around though is scaling on the CPUs.  I've
noticed in top that some programs run at over 100% (I think java at one
point was running at 253%), so I presume that it runs everything from
one CPU and just spreads the load when one CPU core is maxed out,
although I'm probably wrong about it :-)

Rob