On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 23:52 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:29:13AM +0100, Kat Kinnie wrote:
> > Just wanted to let you know that we have an area reserved in a pub
> > called De Hems in the West End from 7pm next Thursday to celebrate the
> > 8.04 LTS release.
>
> Just wanted to say thanks to those who organised this; it was fun
> and great to put some faces to names.

Ditto.

I was going to write a lengthy blog post, but I understand Dave Walker
has already done this and it's sat in his out tray :)

Some highlights for me:-

* Sitting on the train en route to London, two guys get on and start
talking about Hardy upgrades.. "No, we're just a couple of web
developers who happen to use Ubuntu".

* Cake http://flickr.com/photos/secretlondon/2440148340/ (thanks Dave).

* Dave standing on a chair and telling the entire pub to "Shut the F***
Up!" at maximum volume to announce the aforementioned cake.

* The new Ubuntu UK Podcast polo shirts, ordered by Ciemon (and worn
here by Dave Walker [along side Kat Kinnie - on the left :)])
http://flickr.com/photos/secretlondon/2439356023/in/photostream/

* The _great_ company. So many fun people in one place. It was really a
good laugh.

Overall a great venue (if a little hot inside) with great beer, and
great people. Kat, if you're organising this again, then De Hems gets my
vote!

Thanks to everyone for coming along.

Cheers,
Al.