Just as a slight aside I've been on Hardy since Alpha and installed
updates as I've gone along. I seem to have accumulated all sorts of
niggly little problems but last night decided to bite the bullet and
re-installed clean from the Hardy release ISO (having my personal
files under /home in a separation disc partition helps!)

Absolutely no problems whatsoever - everything (including my Logitech
Quickcam Pro and Nova T- 500 dual tuner digital TV card) recognised
from first boot up - very fast from switch-on to login too, and
shutdown even faster.

My one and only criticism is that the default torrent client,
Transmission, is utter p*nts and isn't much better than the rubbish
client it replaced. I've uninstalled it and am using Deluge in its
place which is much more to my liking.

Overall I'm really very impressed  :)

Pete