On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Tan Xuan You <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Colin,
>
> They can't wait for Firefox 3 final, nor for any other vendor. Canonical
> has a strict 6-month update cycle that keeps development going.
> They can't afford to wait for any other vendor, they have to take the
> best decision that allows them to stick to the update cycle.
> This constant push of updates is part of the reason why *ubuntu is so
> successful today.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, I might have misread something.

It might have been me that is wrong, and my anger at not getting Google
Browser Sync to work on my newly updated laptop fueled my post.
People have given good reasons for FF3 to be included in 8.04 LTS, like it
still needing to be supported in three years time, and the updates being
part of Ubuntu's success.

I guess I will just cope for a few weeks without the plugins I like until
FF3 is final.

Thanks to all who have explained the situation.

Colin
A bit more informed now :-)